There aren’t too many options if you want to go for adventure sports near Delhi and return in a day without getting much exhausted or tired.
Neemrana fort on Gurugram-Jaipur Highway (2-3 hours drive from Delhi, Noida or Gurugram depending upon your location and traffic) offers both -luxury and adventure sport – Zipping organized by Flying Fox Asia.
I do not like to waste on luxury unnecessarily so I would be outlining how I did the zipping however if you are luxury-prone, a night stay in the Fort is a must. I just went for the sport itself and wasn’t at all disappointed. Zipping was safe, fun and affordable. The trainers were friendly, caring and efficient. You have to trek 750 meters to the Zipping Point before the sport which is a bit tiresome if you’re not used to the rough terrain. There are 5 zip lines you will be zipping to.
The best part of zipping was feeling like a child and the view around with wind and gravity swinging you. The crew is one of the most supportive and patient I’ve seen. I was scared at first but they didn’t simply push me into it. I gave in and tried the first line and all the fear was gone. Things went well until the 4th line, where I was about to reach the other end and before landing, due to a wrong move I went back into other direction not being able to control the backswing. Then one of the trainers came back more than halfway through the zip line to take me back to the other end. I was scared again yet the 5th line was the fastest one and nobody can get stuck there. After then we roamed around in the fort and had some snacks at Hawa Mahal (open-air restaurant in the fort).
So here are tips for doing the activity in a decent budget in a day
- You can book the zipping activity in advance under Early Bird offer to save some bucks. Here is the link http://flyingfox.asia/Destination/Neemrana.php. It includes free fort entry as well.
- You can book a taxi or a self-drive car (zoomcar or mylescar) if you do not have your own vehicle. Google maps will do a great job to make sure you reach the place.
- You can return the same day or book some posh hotel like Ramada, etc. from Goibibo, Makemytrip, etc. if do not want to spend a fortune on fort stay
- Lunch Buffet at the fort is recommended post the activity
- Try to book for an early slot in morning else it becomes way too warm
- Start early from Delhi to avoid traffic
- Wear light sports shoes as trekking will tire you out. I wore my trekking shoes and was getting tired earlier than usual.
- Pay attention to the instructions by the trainer and follow them. Keep yourself hydrated.
- Pay attention to the instructions given on the Flying Fox Asia’s website.